Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Taco Meat



This recipe is very versatile.  I found it on Jamerrill's largefamilytable.com.    It's meant to be a slow cooker recipe, but today I started too late, so I just cooked it in a big pot on the stove.  You can do whatever suits you, and make it however your family likes it.  Leave out the beans, add extra corn, add capsicum, leave out the rice.  Adjust it to suit your family.  You can even add leftovers - today I added some leftover stir-fry.  Also, I only had 500g of mince, so I had to make a smaller version of Jamerrill's recipe.  If you had the full "5lb" or 2.27kg you could do what she does and make a big batch on the weekend to last a few days, or freeze some.  I have done that before.  So here's what I did:

Ingredients
500g Beef Mince
200g Cooked Rice
1 can Corn
1 tsp chilli
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cumin
1 can Pinto Beans
Leftover stir-fry

Instructions
1. Brown mince
2. Add remaining ingredients
3. Simmer

Notes
1. Serve taco meat with either hard or soft shells, with corn chips or over salad.
2. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, or any other toppings you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana & Blueberry Bread Recipe

I had some bananas that hadn’t been eaten quickly enough and were getting a bit over ripe.  Not wanting to waste them I went looking for ...