Thursday, May 30, 2019

Banana & Blueberry Bread Recipe

I had some bananas that hadn’t been eaten quickly enough and were getting a bit over ripe.  Not wanting to waste them I went looking for a recipe to use them up.  I found Jamerrill’s recipe for  Blueberry, Apple Sauce or Banana Bread over at one of my favourite blogs, largefamilytable.com.

Now of course Jamerrill’s recipes are always bulk freezer cooking recipes and I didn’t have enough bananas for her banana bread recipe so I combined it with the blueberry bread recipe and voila! Banana and blueberry bread.

Ingredients
5 cups of combined mashed bananas and frozen blueberries (what I lacked in bananas I just made up for in blueberries)
1 cup oil
5 eggs
5 tsp vanilla
2 cups milk
2 tsp salt
3 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
7 cups self-raising flour

Directions
Combine your dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
Add your wet ingredients in another bowl and blend together.
Join your dry and wet ingredients together and mix on medium speed.
Fill baking dishes 1/2 full with your fruit bread mixture.
Place filled baking dishes in preheated oven at 180C for 45-minutes to 1-hour.
Oven times may vary.  Yes, well, if your oven is as rubbish as mine, that’s anyone’s guess!  I have a gas oven and something is wrong with it.  It randomly turns itself off.  I eventually discovered that it’s less likely to turn off if I set the temperature to 200 or above.  So it took me all afternoon to make four loaves!  But it was worth it, my kids love it!

I put one in the pantry and the rest in ziplock bags in the freezer.  I’m using them for school lunches but we could also eat it for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana & Blueberry Bread Recipe

I had some bananas that hadn’t been eaten quickly enough and were getting a bit over ripe.  Not wanting to waste them I went looking for ...