Thursday, May 30, 2019

SLOW COOKER "MEAT"LOAF RECIPE



I modified this recipe from Large Family Table, to suit our vegan friend who is staying with us.  Here’s my version of the recipe with step-by-step directions.

Yesterday I made enough for two "meat"loaves. One "meat"loaf, of around 1.5kg is enough for my family to have dinner tonight with leftovers for tomorrow.  I am serving brown rice and broccoli as our side items.

I made two of these slow cooker "meat"loaves at once.  That way I could put the extra "meat"loaf in a freezer bag for a busy day.  

Ingredients

3 cups Textured Vegetable Protein (it's a non-meat "meat"loaf!)

6 cups water 

6 eggs (I know some vegans don't eat eggs but my friend does sometimes)

6 cups of rolled oats
4-6 cups of cut of vegetables (I used frozen stir-fry vegetables and green beans)
Spices per taste (I usually use garlic powder, salt/pepper, and parsley)

Instructions
1. Put TVP and water in slow cooker and soak on high for 2 hours
2. Add 6 eggs, 6 cups of rolled oats, 4-6 cups of cut veggies, and spices.  Mix with a wooden spoon (I don't like touching ingredients with my hands - I know, I'm weird 😀).  Once all ingredients are mixed, divide mixture in half.  Place half of the "meat"loaf into a Ziplock bag to be stored in the freezer for a busy day’s family dinner.  Cook the other half in the slowcooker for 2 hours on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana & Blueberry Bread Recipe

I had some bananas that hadn’t been eaten quickly enough and were getting a bit over ripe.  Not wanting to waste them I went looking for ...